YOUR GUIDE TO CREATING CAREER CHEMISTRY IN YOUR INTERVIEW
Mastering an interview starts at the bottom up, nail the basics and you’ll minimise potential pitfalls. Remember: you are giving your interviewer a taste of what you can offer to this SaaS job, the hiring manager mirrors your future potential clients.
- Always arrive in good time, allow yourself as much time as you need to be sat waiting for the interview with 10-15 minutes to spare.
- Promote your own personal brand with what you wear. Have a look at the SaaS companies’ websites and/ or social media pages to gauge the environment.
- Strike up a conversation with people you meet in the office, set a solid first impression as an approachable and decent person.
- Bring a notepad and pen (and actually take notes you can refer back to!)
- Have questions prepared on your pad – 5-10 should suffice
- Know Your Customer – Familiarise yourself with the history of the Company, Crunchbase is our friend! Be aware of key Stakeholders in the business, funding rounds, ROI of the Software or Service, and Research Customer case studies. Always visit YouTube for Software demos.
- Research the individual you will meet on socials, and try and find some common ground. Ask your questions to the stakeholders within the room, even if you have got one answer, someone else’s answer might give you a different perspective, so ask it again
- Be time conscious
- Close the meeting for feedback – natural trait is for ‘happy ears’ syndrome, it’s more important to understand what they are not sure about?
- Handle objections using qualitative and quantitative evidence
- Check for understanding
- Agree on the next action
- Summarise back
We work with a broad range of SaaS companies from software houses, to analytical platforms to automated logistics.
After over a decade of working with fast scale SaaS companies we know what our clients are searching for and we have the perfect formula to get you to where you need to be.